The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) has a variety of uses in adult education. For those who are teaching adult education classes, TABE can be an assessment tool used in designing or tailoring programs to the needs of a particular group. The TABE can be used to prepare adult students for taking the General Education Diploma (GED) test. TABE tests encompass levels of difficulty extending from the 1st to the 12th grade. Each of the corresponding elementary or secondary school grade levels is subdivided into further levels of difficulty. The content of the test is generally consistent with basic education requirements of public schools across the nation. Fundamental skills tested on TABE include literacy assessment, fundamental mathematics concepts, and other language skills. In addition to elementary and secondary school testing programs, The TABE was developed with a view to marking a student's progress toward a self-set goal. In other words, the TABE presents an educational environment without the intimidation of potential failure. No one "fails" the TABE; the test is used to determine the vital content areas in which the adult student requires additional assistance.
The English portion will consist of 55 multiple-choice questions that will address six main topics. These topics are as follows: Usage; Sentence Formation; Paragraph Development; Capitalization; Punctuation; as well as Writing Conventions.
- English Review:
Parts of Speech
The Mathematics portion will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions that will address nine main topics. These topics are as follows: Numbers and Number Operations; Computation in Context; Estimation; Measurement; Geometry and Spatial Sense; Data Analysis; Statistics and Probability; Patterns, Functions, and Algebra; as well as Problem Solving and Reasoning.
- Mathematics Review:
Order of Operations
Basics of Factors
The Quadratic Formula
The Reading portion will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions that will address five main topics. These topics are as follows: Interpret Graphic Information; Words in Context; Recall Information; Construct Meaning; as well as Evaluate and Extend Meaning.
- https://www.testprepreview.com/tabe/tabe-english-practice-test.htm [English Practice Test]
- https://www.testprepreview.com/tabe/tabe-math-practice-test.htm [Math Practice Test]
- https://www.testprepreview.com/tabe/tabe-reading-practice-test.htm [Reading Practice Test]
- https://www.testprepreview.com/tabe_practice.htm [Self-Assessment Modules]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um9OTjmXcko [Multiplying Fractions Lesson]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm8lH___Svk [Percentages Lesson]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdyRqNB_qk [TABE Math Practice Test]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTE9Emf5J8 [Improper Fractions & Mixed Numbers Lesson]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I5S23Wsua4&t=12s [Distance Apart Lesson]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jKpVWpdX0 [Adverb Unequal Comparisons Lesson, TABE English]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV-QI2yb2aE [5 Tough TABE Questions]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6-7XlqYcU [Circular Reasoning Lesson, TABE Reading]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4PEQSrbbs [Applied Math Practice Question]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqYVcz5dvnQ [TABE English Practice Questions]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sT5yBPiMfc [Mathmatics Computation Lesson, TABE Math]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJ8hUa8s7c [Dividing Decimals Lesson, TABE Math]